About Evonik Dr. Straetmans GmbH
Since 2019, Surfachem Deutschland has represented Evonik Dr. Straetman’s GmbH, offering their complete portfolio of innovative, multifunctional Personal Care and Cosmetics ingredients. Their extensive portfolio includes multifunctional antimicrobials, preservatives, antioxidants and chelating agents, as well as antimicrobial skin actives & deodorants. Evonik
is one of the largest speciality chemical companies in the world. Through continuous research and development, Evonik provide develop speciality chemicals that offer maximum benefits for both customers and society alike.
Evonik Dr. Straetman’s GmbH specialises in alternative and natural product protection. There are several ways to protect Cosmetics products – multifunctional antimicrobials and preservative blends.
Multifunctional Antimicrobials – Have you tried?
dermosoft® 1388 eco – A convenient blend of plant derived organic acids with extensive antimicrobial properties. The performance of dermosoft® 1388 eco is pH dependent. The balanced combination of ingredients offers an effective multifunctionality for a wide range of Personal Care and Cosmetics products. This speciality ingredient offers skin conditioning, masking, pH regulating and antimicrobial activity within formulations. In emulsions, a combination with an antimicrobial surface active substance (for example: dermosoft® GMCY MB) is recommended to improve the overall performance of the product.
- dermosoft® GMCY MB – A vegetable based wetting agent with strong activity against bacteria and yeast. dermosoft® GMCY MB is an excellent booster for organic acids and different listed preservatives. Due to it’s amphiphilic structure, it lowers the surface tension. This can lead to smaller droplets and more stable emulsions. At higher concentrations it may reduce the viscosity of emulsions.
dermosoft® 250 eco
Our problem solver for natural cosmetics with higher pH levels . Easy to apply and pH independent fragrance ingredient. Great booster for natural systems with stability issues. Especially good for water based systems at higher pH. Synergistic effect with wetting agents (e.g. dermosoft® GMCY MB or dermosoft Pentiol eco).
*the above ingredients are COSMOS approved and naturally derived.
- O/W emulsion: 3,0% dermosoft 1388 eco + 0,3% dermosoft GMCY MB, pH 5,0 – 5,5
- W/O emulsion: 0,5% dermosoft GMC MB + 1,5 % Zinksulfat
- Waterbased systems: 5,0% dermosoft Pentiol eco, pH up to 7
- Surfactant based systems: 3,5% dermosoft 1388 eco, pH 5,0 – 5,5
- Problem solver for higher pH levels: dermosoft® 250 eco
Find Out More
For further information on the dermosoft® range, click here
For more details on any of the above multifunctional antimicrobials from Evonik Dr. Straetman’s GmbH, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org