Over recent years, we’ve seen new formulations within the deodorants market. From deodorants for sensitive skin without the inclusion of baking soda, to different formats such as pastes and sticks, there is plenty of scope for formulations to experiment within the AP/DEO sector.
- Natural and sustainable deodorant formulations – The continued spotlight on sustainability will spur growth in biodegradable and refillable packs. Other focus areas include aluminium-free, natural and ‘clean’ formulas to address persistent concerns around aluminium.
- Added benefits – Promote added benefits that align with trending themes seen in other skincare sectors. For example, convey ability to reveal healthy-looking and ‘glowing’ underarm skin, address concerns around uneven skin tone or pollution, and use terminology familiar and popular in skincare (eg serum, essence, mask, sheet).
- Look beyond established long-lasting and antiperspirant claims to convey efficacy. Recent specialised easy use products have highlighted niches such as groin, scalp or breast odour, or body odour while on public transport.
The Ideal Solution
In order to achieve an optimal effect, an odour absorber should be combined with an antimicrobial agent and ideally with an on demand agent. This enables an “attack” at all relevant steps in the formation of odours..
The following composition has proved to be effective for deodorant formulations
- Dermosoft decalact deo MB: 2.00% antimicrobial agent + enzyme inhibitor
- Tego Cosmo P813 MB: 2.00% on demand Active ingredient
- Tegodeo PY 88 G (for emulsions or waterfree products) or Tegodeo A 30 eco (for alcoholic or hydro-alcoholic formulations): 2.00% odour absorber
Deo Paste | Formulation
|DERMOFEEL SENSOLV MB||Isoamyl Cocoate||Solvent|
|TEGOSOFT SH||Stearyl Heptanoate||Emollient|
|TEGOSOFT CR||Cetyl Ricinoleate||Emollient|
|TEGODEO PY 88 G||Zinc Ricinoleate||Deodoriser|
|TEGO COSMO P813 MB||Polyglyceryl-3 Caprylate||Deodoriser|
|TEGO DECALACT DEO MB||Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate||Anti-Microbial|
|DERMOSOFT GMCY MB||Glyceryl Caprylate||Preservative|
|SURFAC CANDELILLA||Euphorbia Cerifera Cera||Stabiliser|
|TEGO FEEL C10||Cellulose||Oil Absorption|
|ISOLAN 17 MB||Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Polyglyceryl-3 Oleate; Diisostearoyl Polyglyceryl-3 Dimer Dilinoleate||Emulsifier|
|JUICY ORANGE EAJ20381/00||Parfum||Fragrance|
|DERMOFEEL TOCO 70 NGMO||Tocopherol; Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil||Anti-Oxidant|
Find Out More
For more information on any of the above oral care ingredients , please contact us or send us an email at email@example.com.