Cholesterol specialties are natural molecules and derivatives for skin protection. Cholesterol is a major component in cell membranes, effecting elasticity, fluidity and transmembrane diffusion.
Cholesterol is a major component of the stratum corneum lipid matrix.
Key Features & Benefits
- Provide a rich skin feel for the consumer
- Natural, skin identical molecule – essential for healthy and youthful skin
- Emulsification properties
- Oil soluble
- Effective as assisting in the formation of lamellar structures in emulsions
- Promotes surface incorporation of hydrophobic materials into the stratum corneum
New Active Ingredients
- TEGO® Sterol HCS (INCI: Cholesteryl Succinate) – A cholesterol derivative meant to deliver enhanced solubility in formulation compared to normal cholesterol. This ingredient works with the skin’s endogenous ceramides and fats to create an effective skin barrier by stabilizing their lamellar structures.
- TEGO® Sterol 7-DHC V (INCI: 7-Dehydrocholesterol) – A natural skin sterol. This vegetable-derived, speciality ingredient protects against damage from UV irradiation; action on melanocytes and melanogenesis; and protection of the hair follicle. It is suitable for vegetarians and a precursor to vitamin D3.
- TEGO Sterol KCS (INCI: Potassium Cholesteryl Sulfate) – Cholesterol and cholesterol derivatives for stabilisation of emulsions and enhanced penetration of actives in the lipid matrix. This ingredient helps to reinforce the skin’s natural barrier.
- TEGO Sterol 7-DHC (INCI: 7-Dehydrocholesterol) – Cholesterol and cholesterol derivatives for stabilisation of emulsions and enhanced penetration of actives in the lipid matrix. This ingredient elevates the skin’s protective powers and can the skin against damage from UV radiation. It is also a precursor to vitamin D3.
For more information on any of the above cold processable speciality ingredients, please contact us or send us an email at email@example.com