About Evonik Dr. Straetmans GmbH
Since 2019, Surfachem Deutschland has represented Evonik Dr. Straetman’s GmbH, offering their complete portfolio of innovative, multifunctional Personal Care and Cosmetics ingredients. Their extensive portfolio includes multifunctional antimicrobials, preservatives, antioxidants and chelating agents, as well as antimicrobial skin actives & deodorants. Evonik
is one of the largest speciality chemical companies in the world. Through continuous research and development, Evonik provides speciality chemicals that offer maximum benefits for both customers and society alike.
Evonik Dr. Straetman’s GmbH specialises in alternative and natural product protection. There are several ways to protect Cosmetics products – multifunctional antimicrobials and preservative blends.
Why We Need Antioxidants
Antioxidants help to protect the oil phase of a Personal Care formulation from oxidation. This prevents against the negative impacts of oxidation such as altered smell, discoloration, loss of function and separation.
Within the dermofeel® Toco range, Surf we offer several natural antioxidants for for certified natural cosmetics based on Tocopherol being a natural alternative to BHT.
- Dermofeel® Toco 70 non GMO: Non GMO, soy based antioxidant for effective product protection based with a mixed tocpherol content of at least 70%
- Dermofeel® TocoSkin: Non GMO, sunflower based antioxidant effective for skin protection with a high cotent of D-alpha Tocopherol. Prevents skin from damage caused by free radicals and offer anti-inflammatory effect.
- Dermofeel® TocoBalance: Non GMO, rapeseed based multifunctional antioxidant for product and skin protection at one. With a high balanced content of mixed tocoherols , this ingredient offers effective protection of oxidizable ingredients with the added benefit of antioxidative activity for the skin.
Why We Need Chelating Agents
In order to further increase product protection, chelating act synergistically in combination with antioxidants.
Phytic Acid is a natural chelator (and replacement of EDTA) and is able to inactivate metal ions, which increase oxidation rate in cosmetic formulations. Furthermore, it’s highly suitable for rinse-off products because it maintains foaming properties in presence of hard water during application and prevents precipitation of divalent fatty acid salts in soaps.
The dermofeel® PA range is a portfolio of natural chelating agents for certified natural cosmetics based on Phytic Acid being a natural alternative to EDTA. Usage concentration depending on application 0,05 – 0,20 %.
- Dermofeel® PA: The economic, liquid alcohol free. pH of the raw material ~1
- Dermofeel® PA-3: The liquid, easy to work with. pH of the raw material 3
- Dermofeel® PA-12: The powder with high pH. pH of the raw material 12
Find out more
For further information on the dermofeel® range from Evonik Dr. Straetman’s GmbH, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org